Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Tough




I have learned through MUCH trial and error, that the times when I try to put limits on what I can put up with, is when some of the most FIERCE trials come.

And I FIRMLY believe that it's The Lord's way of showing me that I am stronger than I think.

It's become so consistent, that one day when David was in town last, I shared this with him.... and was SHOCKED when he put his arms around me and said "It's ok, you can be weak for once."  And I just cried while he held me.

But this past month, I have had things THROWN at me (figuratively, of course ;-) ) and as I push through, I have watched as weaker people HAVE crumbled.  And I don't say this to gloat.  I boast only of My God, and what HE has shown me!!!!  He has shown me just how much I CAN do! ♥

.... In other news, David will be home in 10 days :D

No comments:

Followers