Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, April 11, 2011

Oh Boy

I've said it before, and it looks like I'm saying it again. To me, inviting someone to join you for a special occasion is just plain nice and considerate. Even if they can't come, at least they know that they are valued, and wanted.

And I CANNOT stand when people are offended by that, or just down right rude about it.

If you receive an invite... especially with the advances in technology making E invites popular, simply say "Thank you but we will not be attending." SOOO simple, and yet SUPER considerate.

I've run into yet another situation where I invited someone, and then they just aren't listed ANYWHERE. So, since it's been a few months, I invited them again. After all, maybe I was the inconsiderate one, and forgot to invite them. And after all they are important to me, so I want to make sure they know it.

And then, when I look tonight.... KNOWING that I invited them TODAY, and they just aren't ANYWHERE again, I GET IT.

And it's hurtful. And it makes me feel crappy. And like I'm nothing but a joke to them.

And I am REALLY SUPER SICK of having my attempts at making someone feel wanted, and valued turned against me.

So, to you who can't see it for what it is, I HATE how you make me feel!

No comments:

Followers