Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, October 30, 2011

What it means to me

"When you smile at me, I cry
And to save your life I'll die
With a romance that is pure heart,
You are my dearest part
Whatever it requires,
I live for your desires
Forget my own, needs will come before
Who could ever love you more?"

Those words, "And to save your life I'll die" are pretty basic if you're a Parent, I think. But I'd like to take a little bit of a deeper look into them. Because for me, being the best Parent I can means that I would LIVE for my children over literally dying for them. They need me to give my life in a different way. And for them I am willing to let the parts of me that are not beneficial to them die. The Single Me. The Reckless Me. The Shrew in me... to an extent ;-) I truly am willing to give my life for them.

No comments:

Followers