Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, February 10, 2013

I Feel Inspired.... Thank YOU!

I am so excited. I don't believe in getting caught in slump. I know they happen. But I don't like the way they feel and will scurry to unslump myself as fast as possible.

I get excited when God sees this need in me, and sends people and ideas my way that will help with this, and helps My Family to be better.


2 resources are to thank today for my feeling inspired.

1. Ginger introduced me to Baby Wearing. It's something I see now that I have always leaned towards. I just didn't realize that I had so many options for doing it well. I have used a Snuggli since Elizabeth was a newborn. And lately have been using our hiking back pack. Which has just become too heavy as Bella has grown. And now, I know what a Mei Tai is. And I LOVE the difference. And Bella loves the difference!!! She has always liked to be worn. When we put her in the hiking back pack, she does amazing. But she has NEVER cared for the crotch dangling of the Snuggli.

I'm also sooo grateful to have become educated on topics like Circumcision. And though I have to be ok with the choice I made to have Jacob Circumcised (and am INCREDIBLY grateful that in general, it seems to have gone fine (no complications excessive trauma)), since there is NOTHING I can do about it, I KNOW that should I ever have another son, I will NOT make the same choice. After talking to Ginger about it, my favorite thought to explain this is that "You wouldn't remove an eyelid."

It's time to get educated, people. Thank you Ginger for being so strong and educating people. Ignorance is no longer an acceptable excuse.... it can cause great damage to someone you would give your life to protect.

2. A Blog I follow. Josh Weed posted this and it was very inspiring to me. There are 2 main parts that stand out.

a) He talks about how he has never felt like he fits in with other males. That he is not sure if that is why he is gay, or if he feels that way BECAUSE he is gay. This spoke to me. I often feel like an outsider in the Female community. However, I am NOT gay. And I am very happy to BE female. So there is no confused sexuality here. I could just relate to his feelings of being an outsider where he SHOULD fit in.

b) As a Gay Male, who wanted to serve an LDS Mission, he had to be open about the fact that he experienced same sex attraction in order to feel good about his choice to be in that situation. And the Missionary Department notated on his papers that there was some concern about sending him to be with other males in a companionship situation for 2 years. But that the Apostle who made the "call" on whether and where he should serve ignored this advice and Josh is so grateful for that inspired decision.

This TOTALLY was faith building to me. To KNOW that the Apostles I have looked to my whole life as divinely inspired, really prove that!

No comments:

Followers