Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Saturday, May 4, 2013

I had to do it.

Sometimes, the very best thing is to be there for someone for a little while, and then cut free.

I've been very angry in the past when this has happened to me.

It's hurt a lot.

And it comes often when I'm already overwhelmed.

But it is better than being a parasite on either end.

I have come to see the value in being cut free. Both being on the giving end, AND being on the receiving end.

But when I'm going to do more damage staying in the relationship.... again, whichever end I'm on.  It just needs to be severed.

I'm surprisingly grateful for those who have cut me free.  Sorry that sometimes, I am lost and confused and lash out initially.

I'm so very grateful for who I am in general.  And those heartaches are just as vital to that as the high points.

Amberleah, I love you.  You are someone I care about deeply.  I love your kids.  And though it is a sisterly love, vs romantic, I hope you will see that the "If you love it, set it free.." way of thinking can apply to ANY type of love.

I don't think you and I are helping each other right now.  We are BOTH in the middle of intense circumstances.  Too much involved in our own Gethsemane to be able to take on each other's struggles too.  Someday you may miss me.  Some day you may see the value in when I was around.  Feel free to reach out.... but NOT in an abusive way. Not in a hurtful way.  There will always be room for you.  But NEVER room for the negativity of you lashing out.  Get the lashing out part out of your system BEFORE you decide to reach out.

No comments:

Followers