Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bullying

Today I feel lost.  And I HATE that.  I HATE that it is partially based on a statement made by someone I have NO investment in whatsoever.  And on top of that, the ridiculousness of the situation made it laughable.  It SHOULDN'T have hurt or affected me AT ALL!!!!  Moving on should have been a CINCH.

And yet......

I value myself WAY more than to believe there was ANYTHING to what he said.  But there's that thought in the back of my head "SOMETHING about me made him chose THOSE words." "SOME part of what he said must have have logical backing to it."

It's my need for things to make sense, when sometimes, they just DON'T!!!


2 comments:

Ginger said...

I just wanna say that I have a different interpretation of what happened than David. I think maybe you were noisy or whatever (I am often noisy with 4 kids and I just don't make eye contact with people so I don't have to be offended by their annoyance at me.) and you caught him looking and spoke up about it. I don't think he thought you would have the cajones to address him over the issue and then he was embarrassed to be caught and even more to be called out about it in front of his family. Men (or people) like this often have a personality type that they will talk all big and bad until they are directly confronted. I think his anger at being addressed seethed until he thought of the most childish and hurtful thing he could say and said it. I think by referring to you as if you were less than human and only a 'thing' was the worst he could pull out of his shallow mind. I wouldn't put anymore thought into it...I know that easier said than done but I'm sorry what he said has hurt you so.

Candace said...

T H A N K Y O U!!!! :D

Followers