Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Being Judged

While at Panda Express with Amberleah, her 2 Boys, and My 5 Kids tonight, we encountered a "Man," his Wife, and 2 Sons.

They seemed overly agitated with us for no reason that I could figure.

I KNOW we're insanely loud and obnoxious with 7 Kids in a restaurant.

I know M A N Y people seem overly concerned with my parenting, and many disapprove of how I am as a Parent. Good thing they don't have to have me for a Mom. (I'm just as grateful to NOT be THEIR Mom!!!)


Anyhow, FINALLY, after several not so covert looks in our direction, I asked if there was a problem. He replied snarkily, with something along the lines of "No.  What makes you think I care enough to look at you." I let him know that I was moving on, and it was unwise of him to make more of it than it was with the Children around. He couldn't let it go.

He and His Family quickly left the restaurant, and as he walked out the door, he said "Goodbye, you Awful Looking Thing."

He then walked to the window, and twirled his finger by his ear to indicate my looniness.

I was hurt.  Basically by the fact that as someone who had never seen me before in his LIFE, he cared to hurt me.

I was talking to David about it afterwards and this was his assessment:

He is under the impression that this "Man" thought Amberleah and I were maybe a "couple".

This being Utah, he was probably a "Typical Utah Mormon."  And was offended by our existence.

Thus, the usage of the word "Thing."

I don't know if this assessment makes me feel better or worse or the same about the situation.

Here is the thing:

First off, I am not a Lesbian.  How DARE he assume that just because 2 Women and their Kids are having dinner, that we are anything but that.

Second, so WHAT if I was!!!!!!  I wasn't doing ANYTHING but eating my dinner and supervising my 5 Children.

Lesbian or not, I am a Human Being.

That behavior makes me ill!!!!

No comments:

Followers