Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Blood Debt

This is my phrase to describe the payment that gets exacted on a periodic basis in my life.

It involves great injury to my Soul.  Sometimes to my body as well.

It has come in the form of an abusive marriage.  Inconsiderate Strangers. "Friends". And Ignorant Elected Officials.

The thing about this "Blood Debt" or "Blood Payment" as I should PROBABLY call it, is that once it is "paid", things that I am stressed about usually work out.

It seems to be the balancing force of the Karma in my life.

So, I have a love/hate relationship with it.

I'm getting better at working through the Soul Piercing pain that comes with it. :)

No comments:

Followers