Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, April 4, 2013

I don't see My Husband for 4 weeks at a time. I manage EVERYTHING while he is gone.... If something goes wrong, I'm the ONLY one there to handle it. I oversee 5 VERY high maintenance Children... their schooling, their manners, their health, their safety. Occasionally, I take on Friends' children... some high maintenance... because I care about the people in my life.

I struggle to balance a very full life that doesn't always go smoothly. But I do it. I have been through Many hard life scenarios. I have been humbled Many times. Sometimes we haven't known how our BASIC bills were going to get paid, and if there is negotiating or pleading that has to be done, I am the one who has to do it. Maintaining balance, also MY job alone.

And to compensate, and make things a little sweeter, and easier, when we have the ability, we sometimes spend our resources on unnecessary AS WELL as necessary luxuries. I have a Husband who fortunately is willing to spoil me a bit ;-) when he can to help ease the stress. And we like to keep busy having as much fun as we can. Yesterday things were so hard, and I was so lonely and depressed, I considered medication..... NOT for the first time. And today, My Husband let me go and buy a "treat" to give me an extra "pick me up" because that is the ONLY thing he can do to help from 1 mile south of the Canadian border... 1200 miles away, to show that he appreciates my efforts (sometimes, I don't even have the "luxury" of speaking to him on a daily basis)

I DO NOT have room in my life for extra NEGATIVITY. AT ALL. I am CONSTANTLY having to defend myself. And it should NOT be to My "Friends". If you want that title, you should be a positive in my life, not a drain on the balance of positivity that I have to fight every day to maintain.

If I remove you from my life, it's NOT because I don't care.... it's because I don't feel that YOU do. 

I want to make sure I point out, that I L O V E my life.  I L O V E what I do.  But that doesn't mean it's not H A R D!!!!


No comments:

Followers