Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, April 7, 2013

TOTAL Honesty

THE 2 moments of truth for me that came from General Conference this weekend came today.

1:  The phrase "I love everything about you" was stated as a phrase we should use with our children to help them feel they are of great worth.

Upon hearing this phrase, I realized that I could not say this about/to My Children.
This is NOT any fault of theirs.

And I felt HORRIBLE at this realization.  And I Immediately put making this phrase work for me into action.

I realized that if every time Jacob (or The Girls) did or said something I struggled with, my inner AND outer dialogue was "I love everything about you" rather than "You pain in the Ass!"  Things could change drastically.

And so.  I have made it a reality.  Because as Elder Holland pointed out:  We need only to believe. The faith in the action can come later....but if we believe and are willing to "fake it till we make it," Eventually, that knowledge will come.

2: Forgiveness, forgiveness, forgiveness.  I struggle forgiving others.  A LOT.  Because I feel like it takes away from my ability to protect myself.... and My Family.

I will be working on this immediately.... but it will take more time to figure out the ins and outs of this one.

♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Followers