Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Saturday, October 17, 2015

My life changed today

I went to the Jordan River Temple today.  I've been going to various Temples for one reason or another my whole life. I've been doing Baptisms for the Dead since I was 12.  And have been able to do the "Full Service" work called a "Session" for almost 12 years now.

Deborah and Mark watched Jacob and Bella Thurs, yesterday and today for me.  And my mom watched my other Girls for the same amount of time.

So Thursday, I was able to go with my ward plus Becca Johnson, Rebecca and Bryon Carpenter.

Today, I was able to go with the Kropfs.... SERIOUSLY my VERY favorite people EVER!!!

And although EVERYTHING was exactly what I've seen and heard a thousand times, it was different.

***I*** was different. And my Soul was touched. And I understood on the deepest level who I am, why I am here, and who God is to me.

I can't help but wonder how different my life would have been if I had felt and understood the way I finally did today.

But, I KNOW God understands that I just. wasn't. ready.

I want to be better.  I want to be cleaner.  I want to be GOOD.  REALLY REALLY GOOD.

Because once.. a LONG time ago, My Older Brother, and Savior, Jesus Christ said, "It's ok. I'll fix it because I love you." <3 p="">

No comments:

Followers