Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Girls

I am amazed as I see the personalities of My 3 Girls develope.

Elizabeth. Poor Elizabeth. She is ME! And she is David. Anyone who questions HER parentage is VERY out of the loop. She is sooooo smart. And she is soooo bored with her limited abilities as a Child. She doesn't do terribly well in school.... it bores her. She would much rather socialize. She is ME!!!! And I struggle so much with trying to change that. It needs to change. But when I understand where she's coming from so completely, what can I do? I have a hard time knowing that I was the same, and not knowing what, if anything would've helped me.

Elysia is sooo "Take Charge." She's also our Comedian. Her Dance Teacher told me that what makes her so funny, is that she doesn't realize she's funny. She reasons so well that punishing her is hard. She can give you a very persuasive argument in her favor for why she did what she did. She proudly announces that an octagon is a stop sign, and is only not potty trained bbecause she doesn't want to bother with it.

Abby is my little Heart Melter! She has clung to my leg since she could walk. She looks like a "Little Person" to me... Like she is older than she is in this small body of hers. She's happy to stay a Baby, and yet wants to be independant too.

It will be very interesting to see what this Little Boy of ours is like!

No comments:

Followers