Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sooo Blissfully Tired

I am so exhausted. There's a never ending pile of laundry. My Kids are never as clean, full, or satisfied as I WISH they were (my fault not their's). But we are generally happy, healthy, and well.

I realized today that no matter how many Children we have, and how many times I SWEAR the next time I'll be the Perfect Parent, it will never happen. And that's ok. My Girls know that they are safe and loved. I have yet to be committed to a Mental Institution ;-) and we are getting by. I will make just as many fashion mistakes with the next one, two, or three. They will all sometimes sleep in mismatched pj's. But at the end of the day. We are a Family and we know what that means.

Abby still has that DAMN binky. Elysia still isn't potty trained. ***SIGH**** But REALLY! Does ANY of that matter?!

I will always be grateful to have what I do. Because I have soooo much and my cup is truly full.

No comments:

Followers