Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

6 week program

We went and looked at the house in Tooele on Mon. We left Elizabeth and Abby with my Mom, and took Elysia and Jacob with us. We LOVED it at first sight. It's like it was built just for us. It isn't really all that extravagant. And with us already having 4 children, it's not all that much extra room either. There are 3 bedrooms upstairs, where we would take the master, then have Elizabeth and Jacob. Dounstairs, there are 4.... 3 together, and then one way on the other side of the house. We would put Elysia and Abby in 2 of the 3, and when Jacob is older, he will move into the 3rd. That leaves one upstairs for another baby, and then a guest bedroom or den (the one off by itself). The kitchen is amazing. And I LOVE the way the house is layed out. The outside is very "story book" and I just over all LOVE the house. Elysia danced her way through it. And I think she belongs there.

Almost 2 weeks ago, we were told that if all goes well, those going to Libya should be on a plane by the 12th of March. That was 6 weeks. So, I mapped out a 6 week program to get us ready to move. The thing I like about the way it worked out, is that the first 3 weeks, which we are right in the middle of right now, are basic plans so that should this fall through, and we are staying put for now, it gives us more room and makes life easier in this space. The plans that get us moved don't come until the 4th-6th week. But that way we aren't scrambling if it works out.

Meanwhile, carrying through on the plans I've layed out and written down has proven to be easier to do than I thought it might. We are currently on track and I have found it easier than anticipated to stay motivated.

Yesterday, I made it to the Temple. What an amazing experience. One of the best ones I've ever had. I feel like I was very much in direct communication with My Heavenly Father, and it was so reassuring. My test now is to remember the things I was told, and the feelings I had and not let the noise of the world interfere.

No comments:

Followers