Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, February 6, 2012

Dear Reader

After this post, make sure and read the post "Overwhelmed.... Again" BEFORE the "Dear...." ones. It'll make MUCH more sense!!!!

Just so you know, I went to the store with Jacob and Bella tonight. I put Bella (in her carrier) in the cart, and then "secured" the cart against my bumper so it wouldn't roll away while I got Jacob out of the car. After removing him from the car, I looked up to see a person of Hispanic decent who did NOT speak enough English to tell me what happened, walking toward me pushing the cart with My Baby in it. As MUCH as I HATE the "Masses" of his fellow Hispanics, I am so grateful for any and ALL of the people crammed into his SUV that had any role in his "catching" Bella as (i can only assume) she rolled down the parking lot (who knows how far she got) in the cart that I THOUGHT was stabily pressed against my car.

Then, when we got INSIDE the store. A woman of the same general race, reached out with absolutely NO provocation that I could find, and began touching Bella. I SAID "DO NOT TOUCH MY BABY!!!!" And SOMEHOW managed to walk away to fume vs BITING her or calling the police on her ;)

I made it home, took care of what I needed to for the Kids, and then as I soaked in the tub to unwind, i realized just how serious the situation with Bella in the parking lot COULD have been :( And really beacame emotional. Tonight I miss David EXTRA!

No comments:

Followers