Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Friday, February 24, 2012

I TRULY love my life!

I am happier today than I think I knew I could be. I thank God for the place I am at in my life, marriage and world.


Along with that, it is interesting to me to look in the mirror or at pictures of myself. I do not look inside the way I see myself when I see myself ;-)

And it's interesting to me. Especially since I have had such defined issues with my complexion lately. And people are reacting to the way I look more than I ever thought they would. People seem honestly surprised by the idea that I am animated, bubbly, and intelligent.

It's almost like the thought going throught their minds when they see me is: "If she looks like THAT, she must be someone who feels like crap about herself and is just existing."

Obviously this is MY interpretation.

But I LIKE me. I LIKE what I have to offer.... until I see what I look like on the outside. And it's enough to make me pause for a moment.

But not for long. I don't have time to spend too long on it. Because that's not really what I look like.

No comments:

Followers