Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Exercise

"Some people transcend the norm."

I learned in Basic Training that I can move my body excessively with only minimal strain.  But my MIND is another story.

Hard work for me is all mental.I envy those who only deal with physical work.  Physical work I am GREAT at.  The hard work is the emotional stuff.  Take David's job vs mine for instance:  He works primarily on equipment.  And while a piece of equipment may not perform the way one would like, it stays out of your head and allows you to figure it out with minimal input from itself.  My job consists almost exclusively of the "pieces of equipment" (Primarily Children) I'm attempting maintenance on, to interrupt frequently and even attempt to tell me how I'm doing it wrong.

This wears me out so much more than the physical labor.

And at the end of the day, I truly want to sit on my butt and indulge..... thus my cushiness.

The reason this comes up is because I have started using my "muscles" (emotionally, mentally and spiritually) so much more lately that I'm seeing strides of progress.I'm seeing progress I never imagined.  And now, I am TRULY exhausted.

'Night

No comments:

Followers