Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, March 19, 2015

inspiration

My house may not get cleaned today.  But i totally did it....i bought some boxing gloves. And i hit something for 15 minutes straight.  And it felt AMAZING. And now I'm cycling.

I have a LOT of frustration these days.  But after 13 years,  it's HEALTHY frustration.  It's purging my self of the garbage I've allowed to build up.  The weight....cushion really,  I've allowed myself to build up...
I'm tired of being a by product of other people's dumping ground.

Have you ever written via swipe on your blog posts?  One of these times I'm going to let the "accidental" word stay.  Just for giggles.  For example,  i swipe "dumping ", it puts "drinking" lol.

So Abby flow (;-))....Any how

Back to the beginning :

In may of last year,  we decided to build a fantastic,  $350,000 house in Herriman,  Utah.  We put in $6500 CASH to have this house built.  we sacrificed for that extra expense.in November, right in time for Thanksgiving,  our house was complete. And the lender said, "No loan for you. " So the Builder said, "No house for you. "

DEVASTATING. I had been given a blessing right before the bad news that told me i was going to get the house i wanted.  BLAH! OF COURSE i have faith that things will work out if My God says they will.  But.....

So. I went back to normal life and tried to learn the important lessons i needed to learn.

Feb comes around.  And we're ready to once again,  buy this house.  NOPE.

So here we are.  Round 3. And we're waiting on our decision.

However.  In the past 4 months of waiting to buy this house,  my world has completely changed.

I have become a power house of determination.  i have realized it's time to shine.

Picture this if you will: I.DO.NOT. ALLOW. SHOES. to be worn in my home. THAT. WILL.NEVER.EVER.CHANGE.

However,  i have a Father in Law who will NOT remove his shoes. PERIOD.  PLUS, when we come into our home.....Or visitors come, everyone gets stuck at the door trying to remove shoes before breaking my cardinal rule and stepping on the carpet.

So i built this fabulous house with 1/2 of the main level non carpeted.  And we spent the winter (UGH) Not having that available to us.

And all of a sudden, there's this huge incident with my In Laws where David has FINALLY let them know that NO SHOES will be allowed anymore.  And just as we're FINALLY about to move into this house that was built to accommodate.  Coincidence?  I think not.  In my opinion,  my In Laws would have continued to expect that rule to be bent. And that's not what my LOVING Father in Heaven wants for me.

I know I'm not His only child.  But He is the PERFECT Parent.  And i am an obedient child (more often than not ;)). Therefore He rewards me with a little more of what makes me happy.

So.  Not to drag this on.  But it goes back to a couple of posts ago.  Who i am.

I am a SUPER clean conscious person. And i have been TOLD by My Father in Heaven that my personality is a strength.  And i was compromising who i am for people who aren't interested in my shine.  And He wants better for me.

So.  Here i am.  Getting my shine back.  With a NO shoes in the house rule,  and some boxing gloves. And hopefully moving SOON



No comments:

Followers