Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

3 Girls

I had to go talk to Elizabeth's teacher again today about a boy in her class that has relentlessly bullied her a good part of the year, if not the whole year.

And in my head, I was plotting getting him alone, off school property and giving him a good swift kick to make a LASTING impression. (NO. I'm not going to.) And then I started going through in my head the likely hood that I could actually get away with it.

And I realized that because Elizabeth is a girl, I probably could on some level get away with it.

And I realized how fortunate I am that I'm going through this with a 12 year old GIRL vs a 12 year old BOY.

I can protect her so much better than I could a boy.  As messed up as our society has become, society as a whole still looks at girls as off limits as far as bullying goes from boys.  I have a much better case in my favor if I were to go after this boy for hurting my DAUGHTER than I would if he hurt my son.  Sucks in the case of a boy.  But gives me an edge with my girls.

I must have done SOMETHING right in the preexistence.  I truly have proof that I am very well cared for by my Father.( I'm not saying this to gloat.  But why call an egg a stone just to save feelings. ) I really honestly have been blessed with the EXACT right balance in life.

I believe that is part of why my girls came first. All of this bullying will be more manageable (yes, I get girls can be relentless when they bully.  But THAT, I can fight girl to girl) with the Girls first.  And then, if it happens to Jacob, I'll have some experience First.

Plus, he'll have his 3 big sisters to help.

No one will TOUCH Bella ;-)


1 comment:

Jamie Newman said...

Boy, do I understand this! My son is so nervous about going in to Jr High because he is worried he will be bullied. He's a little "different" but will be just fine in school. I hate that we live in a world with bullies...kids, adults, it's all over the place!

Followers