Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, May 10, 2015

For Mothers


The world changed,
When I opened my eyes.
On that magical day,
When I traveled the skies.
The Angels were cheering,
As they waved goodbye!
My heart beating fast,
As I looked into your eyes.
First time seeing you,
Seeing that smile on your face.
Reassuring me of your joy,
With your loving gaze.
I will miss heaven,
My friends from up above!
I'm excited, for my new home,
That is Filled with Love.
God placed me there,
To learn & to grow.
To feel your love,
And never let go.
Life will seem tough,
I may lose my way!
He promised me,
To listen to what you say.
Your mommy will lead you through,
Life as you grow.
She'll never give up on you,
You'll feel her love as it flows.
Her heart is big,
It has a place just for you.
A place where only you can fit in,
Because she'll love you too.
She'll hold you, and kiss you,
When you hurt inside.
She'll even protect you,
From the outside.
When you get big,
And you see your mommy cry.
Tell her you love her,
And tell her why.
Mommy's have big hearts,
They need love too.
They give all for you,
In all that they do.
Hold her & kiss her,
When she hurts from inside
She needs protection,
From the outside.
Love your mommy,
Each and everyday,
For she Loves you so.
Honor her, in every way!
God placed you in her arms,
To hold & Love, forever


~Debi Henshaw Galloway~

Dedicated to my beautiful Mother, whom I love so much! Happy Mothers day Mama! This is your poem!

No comments:

Followers