Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, May 25, 2015

I'm fine the way I am

I don't know what it is about me that gives people the idea that they need to change me.

I don't know what it is about me that gives people the idea that i need an education from them.  They'r normally less educated than I am.

It's NOT how I speak. Because I truly believe that most of the time when I DO speak, I come across as powerful.  Maybe that's the issue.  I LOOK dumb, and like an easy target.  Then I open my mouth, and people get a fight they NEVER counted on.

The second I took the people out of my life who were trying to change me, and realized exactly what I'm really like.... how my brain works, and WHY I struggle with or do certain things the way I do, my life fell into place.

Those people who have felt it is there job to change me, have lied to me thinking (or not caring) that I can't figure it out, or who stir up problems show the ultimate insult! They don't have the decency to assume that I have at LEAST an average intelligence level.

We are dealing with a lice outbreak in our home right now.  And it's clearing up relatively fast.  And it's pretty contained.  Not all of us have lice despite sharing EVERYTHING.

And it's because I don't do things like "Normal People".  Our house is compartmentalized. Some areas have had NO infestation at all, and others have been left alone for more than enough time for the issue to resolve itself.  Because I AM systematic.

And it's just come naturally.  Because I'm FINE the way I am.

For what I'm dealing with, I manage VERY well.  And I naturally fix and avoid things that I'd be right in the muddle of if I didn't work the way I do.

No comments:

Followers