Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Some actually DON'T prefer the light

I've wondered before what was wrong with me: if I'm so "bright" why do people push away. And then i realized...Finally, as illogical as it is to me, some people are so comfortable in the mediocre light, they actually don't WANT it brighter. Dingy prefers the shadows.

It reminds me of the lesson we had in Sunday School this past week on Grace.
Hell as we think of it is not so much a matter of God punishing us.  But us not wanting to be in His presence because darkness shuns light.  He is willing to have us, like the Prodigal Son, return home to him no matter what mistakes we've made.  But if we are not changed through grace, we will not feel like being in His home. We will prefer our shadows where everything doesn't feel so exposed.


No comments:

Followers