Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, November 29, 2010

Game Night

We had Amanda Vaughn, Logan, Marti, and Mason Hanson, Mike, Sara, Preston, and Kade Murphy over tonight to play games. I would call it a success. I hope they had fun.

We played "Smart Ass" which is a trivia board game. It was ok, but I don't think anyone was really "feeling" it.

Then we played "Loaded Questions." Another board game, but it is a little more "adult topic" than others. We had a BLAST, and it was DEFINITELY an ice breaker.

The kids did pretty well playing downstairs.

*******************************************************
Thanksgiving we played "Quelf" a trivia board game, with the Kropfs... a family from our ward. That was a lot of fun. Quite a bit cleaner than tonight's "Loaded Questions."

I really enjoy playing games with Friends. And our collection has grown with David working at the Calender Club this Holiday Season.

The day after Thanksgiving, we were going to have people over for Game Night, but for one reason or another, nobody was able to come. So we played "Candy Land" as a Family. That was really nice! We all had a great time. I think that will become a regular activity around here.

No comments:

Followers