Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, November 29, 2010

This year's Holidays

Thanksgiving over, Christmas on it's way. And I am so grateful for so much!!!!

Thanksgiving was yet another chance to see how wonderfully blessed and taken care of I am.

Wed night, the day before Thanksgiving, I wanted to be in Utah with Family. That didn't happen. So,we joined some of our ward members at the Kropf Family's home for their anual "Pie Night." We truly enjoyed ourselves. They invited us back for Thanksgiving Dinner, since our plans had changed very last minute. That too was an event that was immensely enjoyed. The next day, we played "Candy Land" as a Family. I then drove into RS to sit with the Murphys' 2 boys so Mike and Sara could go out.

And as I was driving, I had the thought "I hope David is as in love with me as I am him." I came home to the reassurance that, as he put it, "I am more in love with you than you are with me." Now, I think that's completely the opposite of what the real situation is. But that is a GREAT situation to be in. Both of us certain that we are more in love with the other than they are with us. Because it means that we are both 100% in love with eachother.

I am so much happier with my marriage than I used to be. I am content, and at peace with it. And THAT is a huge step. It has taken 9 years of learning to get here.

And as the Holiday season is in full swing, having my Husband and Children close makes things so wonderful.

My Christmas shopping is virtually done. I have everything for the Children. Deborah's Family is about 1/2 way shopped for. My Mom is almost completely shopped for. Cathy's book is here.

David has his 2 jobs that keep him busy, but are helping out with the expenses of the season. It would be GREAT if he could get on with Halliburton by the 1st of the year!

No comments:

Followers