Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My day

I haven't told you about my day yet.

It started off by me sleeping REALLY LATE! My Children were averagely behaved. I got nothing done, but didn't care ;-) They at least were taken care of. My house was pretty clean since we had company Sunday night.

Amanda Vaughn called to remind me about Harmonie's Christmas Concert, and tell me how bad it sucks that her family that would come to it are all in another state, while the ones who live here won't come.

I let David know that I needed him home by 6 so I could go with Amanda.

He told me that he got offered the Halliburton job, and accepted it!!!

He got home just after 6 while I was hurrying to get ready to leave.

He then yelled at me about how I sleep in, do nothing, blah blah blah.

I told him I wasn't leaving, I was going to stay here and fix OUR family vs try to mend someone else's.

He yelled at me some more. It made me feel like CRAP. I cried. A LOT.

Then I called our Home Teacher who came over and gave me the most AWESOME Blessing that told me that change, even good change, brings stress. That the path we're about to take is right. That more paths will be shown that are good for us. That prayers will be answered. That some much needed happiness is on the way. That I'm not perfect, but there's the atonement for that. And that I AM LOVED. By people here AND on the other side. And by My Heavenly Father.


And I cried some more.

(And now I am crying again because that blessing was so important when my heart hurt so bad!!!!)

And then David hugged me and said he was sorry. And that he loves and appreciates me.

And then we got children to bed.

And I made some food.... since I hadn't eaten.

And then, we watched "The Women" and had pie.

And then Jacob FINALLY went to sleep.

And NOW I am going to shower!!!!



2 comments:

Donette said...

Wow, it is amazing that you are able to to do as much as you do and have the self esteem that you have with a downer like David who sabatages a probably much needed break with a friend. I admire your strength and even though I don't have a husband that verbally abuses me I have one that is unbearably passive to me. He dosen't care either way. Unlike you I have a hard time getting out of bed, going to church and as you already know, have no physical friendships. You go girl!

Candace said...

Donette you are such a great friend. You build me up when others tear me down. Thank you! oh, I struggle immensely with getting out of bed, going to church, etc. I sleep till 10 am or later regularly in order to cope. But I DO try to keep my self esteem as high as I can. I am able to see the difference between other's issues and mine, which helps a lot. I think that is a lot of why my lot in life seems to be dealing with many people who tear me down.... God knows I can handle it and keep it in stride without succumbing to low self esteem. Honestly, if I didn't have the personality I do, I would've prolly ended my life years ago. LUCKILY, I am too sure of my capabilities, and stubborn to stay down. I guess that's why people keep kicking me is to try to get it to stick.... it never will. I ALWAYS get back up!

Followers