Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, November 21, 2010

I thought I was DONE for!

The title of this post is soooo tame compared to what it was going to be.

I took Elysia to the ER tonight because she's been very lethargic, had no appetite, and has had a cold for over a week.

Bronchitis. Antibiotics. Nothing too horendous. Easily taken care of.

We went to Wal mart to get some things.

We came back to the apartment complex (The Preserve) and I desparately needed to wash clothes despite it being 3 am.

I put Elysia on a couch in the clubhouse (not wanting to wake David up since he will be having to get up with the other kids in the morning) and went and got the dirty laundry. As I walked up the stairs and through the breezeway to the apartment, a man came out of his (the two are back to back) and looked around like he was trying to see who was walking around at 3 am. He made small talk while I got the door open, then I went inside. I got the laundry, and when I came back out and was on my way down the stairs, he came out again. I just kept going.

I checked on Elysia in the clubhouse.... she was asleep. I went and started putting the clothes in the washers. I have a bad habit of being a little overly brave when it comes to doing laundry in a setting like this. If I think I can POSSIBLY get away with it, I will strip down to my underware to get the clothes I am wearing into the washer, and then RUN back to my room/apartment. The other night I wanted to do that, and David pointed out that too many people would see. So, I didn't ;-)

This morning however, I was IN the laundry room. NO ONE in sight, no cameras, no way for any one to see in. So I hurried and got my bottom underware off, threw them into the washer and was putting my pants back on FAST, when the door opens. LUCKILY I was fast enough that I don't think he realized exactly what I was doing till they were up.

BUT he had obviously been drinking. And it was the same guy from the apartment back to back with ours. And we were alone. And he was blocking the door. And he hit on me. And I was PANICKING!

THANK GOD he left after finding out I was sharing the apartment with my HUSBAND!

No joke, my thoughts had been "Dear God in Heaven, PLEASE don't let something happen to me!!!"

And I RAN into the clubhouse as soon as he left and I started the washer. But every resident has a key fob to get in. So I got Elysia (who was sleeping peacefully) off of the couch, and we are now locked in the business center waiting for the clothes to be done . And thank HEAVEN she is sleeping peacefully still!

No comments:

Followers