Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's been a variety for SURE

Friday night, thanks to my WONDERFUL Husband I was able to drive with Elizabeth to Kemmerer, Wy to spend time with the Lundgren Family. A Family who has been there for me, and with me through MUCH and Many years! From Jr High, to High School, and beyond to marriage and Motherhood. From my first date with David Lundgren through various boyfriends, to marriage, divorce, and marriage again.

I didn't PLAN on it, but packed an overnight bag just in case weather was bad. Funny, because David knew I wouldn't be back until Sat. When it came down to it, and I WASN'T leaving, I felt so at home spending the night.... because even though it was a different house, I still felt so at home. Because to me, the Lundgrens have always symbolized home and family to me. Many Christmases have come and gone with them being a constant in my life!

I used to refer as the Christmas feeling I got every year as the "David Feeling" because it's the same feeling I always got being with David Lundgren. It's interesting because even with being married to different people, I see the importance of having him in my life still. We now fit more into a Friendship/sibling relationship role, but I realized on Friday how important having him in those roles is to my life.

After being in Kemmerer I needed to get back for Elysia and Abby's Birthday party. I think spending the time in Kemmerer altered my feelings on the relationships I have A LOT! I am so very grateful for the people in my life. And the ones that have taken themselves out of my life, it's THEIR loss. They are truly missing out because I am a loyal and caring friend who would enrich their lives. The people who came to the party made a HUGE impact with the effort they made to show their love and support.

And then, Amanda Vaughn decided they should come over and play games. THANK YOU AMANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU! I love you for working with my crazy! For understanding that it serves a purpose. For being so much fun despite my quirks, and for late night trips to make fools of ourselves at the store!

No comments:

Followers