Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Squeezing every tear out

My Friend's dad died today.

I could leave it at that, and it almost sums it up.

But there really is so much it doesn't.

First, I am so truly sad for her and her family.

This man was very important to them.

He was a Horrible husband and Father for a span of years. When I met them, he was on his way out of their lives.

And then, he came back. And he mended broken ties and broken hearts.

And I witnessed this over years that were very fundamental in shaping my outlook and the way I chose for MY life.

This Family is so important to me, and my heart breaks with theirs!

The last time I cried like this, was when my Grandma died.

I am about to send out Christmas Cards. I send one to them every year. This year will not be the exception. But he won't ever see it.

And every tear that can squeeze it's way out of my heart and soul over this WILL before the year is over.

I will cry today. Much more than I have already. And I will cry when I see his Family. I will cry at his viewing. At his Funeral.

Heather, Anita, Karen, Matt, Calvin, David, Michael.... my heart goes out to you. ESPECIALLY the first 3. His wife, Karen, and 2 daughters.... I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

No comments:

Followers