Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, May 7, 2012

If I Bend too far, I Might Break

"Some things I cannot, I will not allow!" Fiddler on the Roof * If you've read my past couple of posts, this is a common theme. I've had it with bending, being walked on, and getting pushed around. "It's not healthy, for me to feel this way."... Alvin and the Chipmunks ;-) * This past week, I have learned more than at any other time about NOT giving up what I want for people who don't matter. There are a couple of Cliche phrases like "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." That are running through my head right now. My Neighbor came over tonight with good intentions, and TRULY sent an already hectic evening into hyper drive. And I realized why I am such a HARD ASS!!!!!!!!!! I have ZERO reason to change. What does it do for me? It's not usually appreciated, and I end up feeling like a door mat. It's not worth it. Almost No ONE wants to be emotionally involved or committed enough to the relationship to stick around for the after math. And that's their choice. But then they don't get the right to shake things up. Period. And I wonder if Heavenly Father agrees on a certain level. I wonder if He has been wanting me to get to this point where I will stand my ground and not be movable on ANYTHING. Because My Children need to learn certain lessons as NON Negotiable. And if I bend on some things, what's to stop me from bending on everything. I need to be firm. I need to be un movable. I need to pick a side and stay there. And so, I am. My word is solid. No means no. Sorry. I may lose even more "friends" over this. I may have more heart ache. But I know it will be temporary heart ache. It always hurts worse and longer when it's the pain from compromising your values. Now I just pray that the people who matter will understand. That my children will somehow see that Mommy is so strict because she loves them and needs to be firm and strong, and not swayed. For ANYTHING or ANYONE.

No comments:

Followers