Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Saturday, May 19, 2012

What do I want to be today?

I am so grateful for my life. I know you don't hear that enough from me. You see, the problem is that I am so PASSIONATE that I feel deeply on both sides of the spectrum. So I get frustrated easily. But I also get happy easily. So. Here are the messages I want conveyed: 1)I love you. If you are reading this, I do. I don't need to know you. I love you because you exist. SOMEONE needs this today. If that someone is you, know that you are important. You now have something to live up to. ************************************************************ 2)I LOVE MY CHILDREN. They are KIND. They are SMART. They are IMPORTANT!! (I need to get that on my wall so they see it EVERY day!) They are THE Reason for My Existence and my CONSTANT battle for all that is good and pure! I owe them so very much! There are NO words to truly convey their ABSOLUTE BEAUTY!!!!!! I am so unworthy, yet GRATEFUL beyond imagination, to be Their Mother!!!!! ************************************************************ 3)I LOVE MY HUSBAND. He is AMAZING. He has nurtured me for at LEAST 13 years... I'm sure he's been nurturing me since eternity began! He is, and always will be The Love of My Life. My One and Only. There IS NO ONE but HIM!!!!!! PERIOD. All of those cheezy Love Song lyrics apply to him!!!!! ************************************************************ 4)I LOVE LIFE. Everything about it. I love my mistakes.... for the lessons I have learned. I love the People who have hurt me... for teaching me. I love the People who have loved me.... for nurturing me and giving me wings. I love growth. I love beauty. I just LOVE LIFE! I want to live 1000 years. I need to be better at keeping my weight down, but I love food, and entertainment, and luxury and culture.... so it's hard because YES, I LOVE indulgence. ************************************************************ 5)I LOVE The Being I KNOW and Worship as GOD!!!!!! He is so much more than an unreachable disciplinarian. He is sooooo good to me!!! I KNOW He is My FATHER. I KNOW He is EVERYTHING I want to be as a Parent. And I KNOW he loves me! He does everything I want to do for My Children. He is PERFECT. NOT believing in Him, is NOT an option with what I have been through and learned through my life experiences. ************************************************************ 6)I LOVE Jesus Christ. Cliche? Yep. True? Definitely. I had a conversation today with my neighbor. She pointed out that I can be a bit abrasive with my bluntness. Yep! But I asked her (she was referring to a specific thing I said), "Was there any other way to say it?" My answer to that is "NOPE!" (I do everything in my power when I am about to say something that could have a negative impact.. or any real impact at all, to make sure I review the options for wording and tone before I blurt it out. I know it doesn't always seem that way, And I am NEVER perfect 100% of the time. But I do my DARNDEST to do my best to be sure it's the only way to say it before I just say it ;-) And the same goes for the statement that I Love Jesus Christ. There is no other way to say it. ************************************************************ 7)I Speak the absolute truth 99% of the time. That 1% is based on 2 variables: 1) I don't have 100% of the facts, 2) My Family is endagered by some part of the truth. And I don't mean their feelings could get hurt.... I mean true danger. I learned an important lesson about my pride tonight. And I handled the situation honorably. And it went ok :) It was scary. I had 100% my ego on the line. And I did it! I told the truth. I need to consistently stick by this quote: "Be who you are and say what you mean. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!" ** Dr Seuss (of COURSE ;-) ** "If someone really loves you, they will love you no matter what you say because of who you are . . . a person who they love! Now , you might, on occasion, say things which people who matter to you get upset about. This can be a painful thing to have happen, but it can, and does happen from time to time. Now for a few things to keep in mind. First, you should say what you mean. Being honest is something which has to be a high priority for each of us. However; this doesn't mean you can't be thoughtful and considerate about what you say and how you say it. Colossians 4:6 says, "Your speech should always be gracious and sprinkled with insight so that you may know how to respond to every person.""** ************************************************************ 8)No matter what you may think, my ONE and ONLY goal in this life is to be a genuinely GOOD Person. And to raise My Children to be th at way. I make mistakes. I pick myself up EVERY time. And I do better. :-D Goodnight all.... ~cheezy, but genuine phrase warning~ Blessed Be ♥

No comments:

Followers