Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, October 29, 2012

Under/Over... So Limited!

♫ I'm limited
Just look at me--I'm limited
And just look at you--♪


I don't think people see me. If they do,they are constantly putting labels on my forehead that don't come from getting to know me at all.

They either think that because I have 5 kids I'm incapable of anything else, or they expect me to be able to conquer MY world AND theirs.

Why can't I just be the one to set my limits?

If I offer to do something, it's because I feel like I can handle it. If you tell me all of the reasons why with my circumstances being what they are, I can't accomplish what I'm offering to do for you, then it just makes me feel like "Oh, yeah. Maybe I CAN'T do as much as I think I can, so why try. Why stretch my wings. I just need to stay with what's comfortable."

♪ I'm through accepting limits
'Cuz someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try, I'll never know!
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost! ♫

People who limit me or demand way too much aren't people worth having in my Support Circle!

The people worth having are the ones who take the time to know me. Let me stretch my wings, but understand when they need to rest.


No comments:

Followers