Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Connecting

An interesting thought was shared with me today: "Kids will settle for attention. What they really want is connection." And I realized that brings to light many levels of issues in my OWN life.

I too want to connect. And something I realized that I think pushes people away, is that I want to connect all of the time over EVERYTHING. And that's excessive.

My OCD tendencies often stem from over stimulation issues. As intense as I am, I get over stimulated, and over connected easily.

It's like I have tentacles of nerve endings that search for constant connection and find stimulation over ANYTHING and EVERYTHING they come into contact with. And while itch for that, those nerve endings are also very sensitive and get over loaded REALLY REALLY easily.

No comments:

Followers