Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Roller Skating and Blessings

It's been an intense few weeks.  I got REALLY, SUPER down.  And then, the pressure Broke!  David came home, Friends came around, and we traded in the Impala for a Brand New Dodge Grand Caravan.


And THEN, David got to stay for an extra day, and we went roller skating.

And I cannot believe what I learned from our hour and 45 minutes of roller skating... and the drive home after.

I L O V E My Family.  I love My Girls so much.  And My Boy.... he is such an adventure.  I just love watching their BIG personalities.  NONE of them are "run of the mill."  NOT ONE is the same as any of the others.

And then, on the way home, I got pulled over.  And Bless this Police Officer:  He simply told me to "Turn on (my) lights."  And then wished me a safe journey and walked away.  YIKES!!!! The Impala had automatic lights.  The van does NOT.  I REALLY need to watch that!  But thank GOD for a KIND Officer.

David left tonight.  And I'm so grateful for him.  And sad to say "Goodbye." ♥

And THEN, I was DREADING coming home and having to get the 5 kids bathed and to bed by myself... and I KNOW God knew I was worried, because it just wasn't near as hard as I feared. There's NO other answer to that.

No comments:

Followers