Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, June 14, 2015

I can be mean.. And I can stop

I used to lament over how another day had come and gone, and I wasn't perfect yet.  And after YEARS of putting myself through the misery of self condemnation, I FINALLY came to the realization, and gratitude for the little moments.  Those moments when I say "I'm Sorry."  When I realize I was abusive or mean, and I let my ego take a hit and put the people I love first.

I have been VERY clear with My Husband and Children that we do NOT allow bullying in our home/Family. And it doesn't matter WHO it is. I am not allowed to bully.  And neither are they.  And I have 36 years of being how I am....good and bad ETCHED into every fiber of my being.

But I CAN change.  Every second that I do better, it's something.

And so, I can make A moment BETTER, even if I can't make EVERY moment PERFECT.


No comments:

Followers