Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, June 21, 2015

We celebrate life and growth

I am a Mother.  NOT the best one.  But a Good one.  I. LOVE. MY. CHILDREN.  I celebrate each of them, Born or unborn, they matter.

The source of life is light.  With out it, we become stagnant.  And putrid.  EVERY time you choose something other than light, you darken.

SO, yes.  I will campaign for light.  I will campaign for God and HIS way.  Because even accepting un Godliness is campaigning for darkness.

In David's family, I have seen an absolute example of "harmless" apathy. Where a love of light is professed, and even expected. But actively working to achieve a constant relationship with light is not maintained.

My Hisband and I were held to a standard.  We have met that standard.  But it took 13 years and a lot of tripping, falling down, and getting back up for any fruit of our labors to be noticeable.  My youngest BIL is held to no standard whatsoever.  He is doing OK by general world standards.... but really BARELY.  At 22, he has designer clothes, but no drivers license. He expects to have what he his older brothers do, with 1/4 of the effort. Yet he is celebrated while my Husband is shunned.

It's fine by the World's standard that he chooses not to marry and start a family, but instead live with his girlfriend.  But not by God's standard.

And his parents have chosen to support his lifestyle over ours.  Which is their prerogative.  But what they refuse to understand is that they can't have both.

They CAN choose to celebrate my BIL's cohabitation relationship.  They CAN favor his girlfriend over me.  And they CAN celebrate his 3 cats and his ability to feed them and provide shelter for them on equal ground as My Husband's fathering of 6 children.... plus a cat.

But they CANNOT have both them and us.

They want to wish him a Happy Father's Day (because we'd HATE for him to be left out after all), that's fine.  But don't post my children on the list along with his 3 cats.

They are worth more than that.

I am not here to control ANY one. But that doesn't entitle them to have everything.

You CAN make your choices.  But you CANNOT alter the consequences of those choices.  And in this case, the consequence in supporting his lifestyle, and holding him higher than we because our choices have been different , is that they can have HIM. NOT US.

No comments:

Followers