Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Need to relax

I realized something today. The Holy Ghost enjoys shopping and getting together to celebrate and party... Kid Friendly style, of couse. It is I who have the pessimistic, worry wart, tendancies that send myself into panic about not being cautious enough. Not my Conscience.

I have struggled for a while now with this. I am worried about letting myself fall into the "All is well in Zion" mindset and not having enough "oil in my lamp" when the time comes. And then I realized that I don't need to worry quite so much, and am actually over doing it with the paranoia when it comes to caution. I never thought I would be one to be OVERLY cautious. I've actually tended to lean toward Under Cautious in my past. I guess I just need to remember not to go to extremes either way. Moderation in all things, right. However, I am going to loosen up a little, Make sure I'm following the commandments so the protection is there, and enjoy the Wonderful life I have been blessed with a little more.

No comments:

Followers