Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, February 23, 2009

What I just realized

Whew! Today is a better day than I was expecting 24 hours ago. Problem is, that 24 hours ago, I had fried chicken at my disposal, and now I have none! But of course then, I didn't feel up to eating it, and now I'm all for that idea. Word to the wise: Never mess with a Pregnant Woman and her fried chicken! That's ok, fried chicken is usually replacible.Yesterday SUCKED! Ok, it was 50/50. It was actually a pretty good day with a really bad side. I enjoyed getting out with the Girls. Always enjoy hanging out with the Wallace Family. Got 2 new books, didn't loose my temper with the Girls, and the day ended peacefully. Then there was the flip side. I felt horrible! David was being mean, and I could only guess that I was on my way to filing for a divorce I should have just stuck with the first time around.I am a surivalist. I realized this. I plan to survive crisis. I am willing to scheme if I have to though I try to never step outside of realitvely ethical and reasonable boundries.When the storm is over, I expect to be the one standing on solid, dry ground with my Children in tow. HOWEVER, I definitely have realized that David is someone I feel incomplete without. I am a strong, independant person. I can do it on my own come Hell or High tide. But I prefer not too. I do better, have a better outlook, get more accomplished, am a better Mother, and a better person when things are solid and well between David and Myself. I need him. He's not as expendable as I think I have always tried to make myself think he is. I know that prolly sounds horrible, but that's how I work. I don't like to think that I am dependant in ANY way on somone else. That "weakens" me, and I do not like it.BUT, it's true. I need the balance that being married to him provides. Not to mention my Girls. I don NOT want them to grow up in a single parent home without their Dad.

No comments:

Followers