Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Morality and running your mouth

I've had a lot to go over the past few days. Starting with 2 Friends who lied to me to not have to admit the real reason they were sitting home on a Saturday night when I was having a party they were invited to.

Ending with learning about the real reason another Friend didn't want me getting too close to another potential Friend.

Ultimately, I deleted another round of Friends from FB.

The 2 that lied have been removed. I think that is the lowest form of morality (besides the OBVIOUS murder and violating innocent people). To flat out lie to someone because you are a coward shows that you have a low self esteem, and are willing to do whatever it takes to protect your ability to lick your wounds no matter the cost to someone else.

The one that stays is the one who has done some really not nice things, but has NEVER tried to lie to me about them.

A little story for that one though:

One Day, a man went to jail. He was told bond was a fine of $100. He paid the $1oo which he had in his pocket. They then informed him that he owed $5. And would hold him until that $5 was paid.

At home, his wife had $5. In his car (which was their only car, and was parked where he had been arrested) was $10 in change. But he wasn't at home, and his wife didn't have immediate access to the car which was a good 5 miles away and she would either need to get a ride to the car, or walk.

So, they called a Friend who was willing to save them the middle hassle and just take $5 straight to the jail, and pick up the husband. They had a solid Friendship so paying back the money later was no problem.

It wasn't that they were MINUS the measly $5. It's that they had the wonderful treasure of a Friend who would make life a bit easier where she could.

Therefore, they were rich indeed. For they HAD the $5, and a Friend on top of it.

People criticized saying "How do you not have $5 to get yourself out of jail? Yet the wife doesn't work, and you keep having more kids. You have no money to take care of your kids."

Here is the response the wife had:

My Children mean more to me than an extra $5 or even $1000. The value of their well being cannot be matched with money. They do not care whether they have the best or most expensive in clothes, cars, homes, movies, games, or vacations.

They care that their Mother cared enough about them to give up the high paying high ranking military career and stay home with them. To personally mold and shape who they would become. She made mistakes, but she did it with love. She had to tell them "no" sometimes, but they KNEW she had their best interest in mind.

They had what they needed... including that extra $5 when they needed it, and the hour delay in daddy getting that money had no lasting effects on the happiness in the family.

This mother and father were never unable to feed, clothe, and care for all of the children in a manner which was adequate. They got to buy new things, take trips, go to movies.

Because to them, the extra $50,000 + a year was not worth denying the children their mother on a daily basis.

And they LOVE their children, and believe that another one would be a blessing not an obligation.

1 comment:

~Kimmee K~ said...

I noticed that I was deleted in this round of facebook friends, which leads me to believe you are considering me one of the 2 liars??? I never lied about anything and wasn't sitting home on Saturday night because I am a coward....I had my sons birthday party that day and thats why I said I could not be at your party, and that is the truth, I'm not a liar. If its not me you are referring to, just disregard.

Followers