Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, January 24, 2011

A ♪ On how I Handle Government Meddling

SOOOOOO DFS showed up at my door today. Two SUPER nice Ladies, but DFS none the less. The situation they are "Investigating" is "Neglect of Elizabeth's Education."

I PROUDLY, albeit FLUSTERED, took them to my computer and showed them HARD proof that she is attending school.

Now I don't know WHO got the School District involved in our business. And I don't know WHY NOW. But I do have a pretty good guess at what "bothered" the person (s) and why they may have thought I was neglecting her education.

I WILL say that they do not know ME at ALL!!!!!!!!!!

I am NOT one of those"Mothers" who have children because that's what "You" do.

I am not one of those who is uneducated, and lays down because it feels "good" and 9 months later, out pops a baby, and I shrug my shoulders and look blank.

I haven't gotten pregnant unintentionally since 2001. I actually have TRIED to get pregnant before with ZERO success. Twice I have miscarried when I was ready and WANTED to have a baby.

I sit down with my partner, and we discuss that if we have a sexual relationship with out protection, a Baby just might come from it.

I have had partners who have been in charge of the birth control. If they want to have a sexual relationship without a baby, they need to take some of the responsibility. Two people need to make an educated decision, and take responsibility for that decision. This is how I handle procreation. It is a Gift. It is something to be handled with responsibility, and you need to either willingly deal with the consequences, or not participate.

That being said, 5 times, David and I have said "Let's have a Baby." We have 4 Children. I would dare say that the numbers add up to 4 CONSCIOUS decisions to have the Child that came from the actions.

I make VERY sure that my 4 Children are taken care of. I stay home because that is how I can benefit them the most. My last post addressed this as well.

I feed my Children, I clothe them, I bathe them, I take them to the Dr., I take them to the Dentist, I make sure they have their teeth brushed, I make sure they have clean clothes and bedding, I make sure they have warm coats and hats and gloves. I make sure they eat good foods. I take them to Play group when I can. I take them on vacation, and to do fun things when I can.

And after experiencing what Public School outside of our home was like with Elizabeth, and how she reacted to it, we decided to handle her education at home.

And it has its pros and cons like everything in life.

But this year, it's what we are doing. And I have Elizabeth registered with Wyoming Virtual Academy, which is Public Online Schooling. They set the curriculum, they monitor her attendance, and progress and she meets online with her teacher every Wed.

Someone, who no doubt sees her out and about and just existing with me, I guess decided that she does NOTHING school related all day every day, and I just don't bother taking her to school. And tipped off her School District in Green River. They looked to make sure they had the forms on file saying that she was being homeschooled.... which someone has misplaced. So, the School District called DFS.

DUDE! Mind YOUR own business and tend to your OWN problems people. I KNOW whomever called the District is NOT someone who is actively involved in her life. Which means they don't actually care about HER. Or our Family. They just want to tattle. Because I KNOW Wendy, who helps out when our car breaks down, or Kerry who runs me to the store or helps me pack and has me watch her kids or has her daughter watch mine, or Stayce who's husband works with David every day didn't do it, or Ivy who comes to our rescue over and over didn't do it. The people who know our every day business and are either actively involved in helping mold our Family's character or mind their business because what we do isn't affecting them didn't do it. It was someone who doesn't even interact with Elizabeth on a weekly basis if ever. Someone who I would never have knock on my door just because.

It's again like the story of the Little Red Hen. If you don't want to be an active part of the baking process (part of our lives on a regular and consistent basis), don't ask for some of the finished product and CERTAINLY don't complain about the way it turns out!

And as for the District, or DFS, there is no case. They have nothing to back it up. They have seen the hard, indisputable evidence that her education is not being neglected. So HOPEFULLY we're done with that!

2 comments:

Jamie Newman said...

Stupid people bug me. I mean, really. Can they mind their own damn business?!?

Candace said...

You;d seriously think that people would have their OWN problems to worry about, but I guess some people just thrive on chaos and drama. And when they run out, they create it. Or when they see someone who is able to minimize it, they figure that person doesn't have enough and needs their contribution.

Followers