Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Back in Utah

Well, here I am. Back in Utah. And happy to be. It's been a few days, and the apartment is coming together. We had Dan and Rachel over for dinner, and it was nice to have it be so casual rather than either them having to travel or us. I'm truly grateful for this past year. We've lived with them for days at a time when visiting and I truly ♥ them!!!!

David had to leave to go back to work tonight. I am sad to see him go. I think this move is good for our Family and our relationship.

It's definitely an adjustment. We're so used to the middle of nowhere, and the sheer # of people here is hard for us. But we like our new home so far, and again...being so close to Family.

It's been so strange to go to Target instead of Walmart. I ♥ Target.

A post I've been meaning to make but haven't had time for with the move is a list of all of the decisions I look back and see as life altering. So, I want to share my top BEST decisions:

1- to Graduate from High School. It seems like such a no brainer, but I see anything good I did before the age of 19 cumulates in this one decision.

2- to move to Virginia for a year.

3- to join the Military when I did.

4- to jump at the oportunity to be with David.

5- to have Elizabeth

6- to move with David to Colorado. It waS a hard time for our marriage, but we still bonded with eachother.... AND Elizabeth.

7- to have Elysia... and keep her. I almost gave her up because our lives were so filled with contention.

8- to have more than 2 children

9- to move to Wyoming.

10- to divorce David ( I "skipped" having Abby. Not because she wasn't one of the 6 BEST "things" that ever happened to me, but because she was only partially a decision (per #8) and mostly a surprise)

11- to let Jared go and reunite with David

12- to have Jacob

13- to homeschool for the past 2 years

14- to have Bella.

15- to come back to Utah.

For all the stupid things I've done, there are the 15 things I've done right. And they have truly made my life rich!

No comments:

Followers