Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

So Grateful, So Bitter!!!!

I come from good stock. My Mom is very generous. My Grandma was the same. My Children are good and kind. My Husband is so far above the average "Guy". See all these examples of Goodness I have around me?! It makes me feel soooo blessed and grateful!!!

My Mom went to the store for me today so I wouldn't have to go out with all of the kids. You don't know how many afternoons when I was on my own in Wyoming that I have wished for someone who would do that! THEN, she collected 1/2 the cost of my groceries (her request not my offer) from me and called it fair. She then allowed me to use her Debit card to pay for our dinner... I was $3 short for pizza. WOW! I feel so grateful for all she does.

David's Family is generally kind as well. HOWEVER, and yes, this IS the bitter part, I sometimes TRULY feel so let down by the interactions (or lack of interaction) We as a Family have with them.

I feel that priorities in the Rose Family are often seriously in disaray.

I feel that their priorities are going to seriously handicap their relationship with My Children. And that bothers me... especially when we just moved almost 200 miles to make sure they had a chance at a good, solid relationship with them.

My Son cannot visit His Grandparents because there are too many breakables this time of year. And that makes it hard for me to want to visit the other times of the year.

There also seems to be a large amount of favoritism where there is supposedly none. I KNOW I've blogged about that part before.

Let me just say, if My Mom is ever NOT around, it will DEVASTATE My "Little" Family. We are soooo utterly grateful for the time she devotes to us. For her willingness to step outside her "comfort zone" to take on all FIVE of my Children so that some of MY days can be easier!!!!

No comments:

Followers