Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Trip to The Temple = Buyers Remorse!

"And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you'll move mountains.” -- Dr. Seuss

I went to a Slumber Party last night. And I spent WAY more than I planned to.

Then I went to The Temple today.

And now I have Buyers Remorse.

And it has NOTHING to do with the items I was buying. It's that I struggle to pay what I need to, when it stops me from buying what I want.

And if it's between tithing and fun... Well, being 100% honest, I can find a MILLION ways to justify the fun.

"I'll pay tithing with the next check."

But I have decided that I don't want to wait 2 more weeks for the blessings I have been taught come with paying tithing. I need them now.

SO, since I am DETERMINED to succeed at doing things "right", I am going to suck it up, and cut back my SP purchase by 2/3rds.

SOME of my justifications are really valid. Everything I am getting (after I cut back) is on "special". And a couple of the items will be Christmas presents.

But I REALLY don't need to spend an extra $100 on "That would be nice" items. ESPECIALLY when it comes out of my tithing.

*Just to make sure I am clear: My stand on the items Slumber Parties and other related businesses sell, is that they are not for EVERYONE... But if you like them, they can be very enhancing to your personal life, and your romantic life. Therefore, I like to budget to pamper myself, and the One I Love, with some of their products.*

So, I am ending this with a new resolve to succeed at making things right.

No comments:

Followers