Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Laurie

Jamie suggested that I use names so that people know for CERTAIN whether to be offended because I AM talking to them... or NOT.

So Laurie, if you still read these posts, this one IS about you.

One thing that you said SEVERAL times was that "Actions speak louder than words." Well, you didn't pay much attention to my actions. OR my words,for that matter.

If you did, you would have actually caught all of the things I DID for you.

I bought you a membership to the aquarium.

I got you into the zoo SEVERAL times.

I Offered to CONTINUE getting you into the zoo so you didn't HAVE to spend any of your "limited" (according to you) $ on a membership.

I saved you $ on Mickelli's Birthday Party by a) buying your membership to the aquarium, and b) splitting the cost with you by combining Elizabeth's party with hers.

I am the one who sought you out after being "dismissed" by you SEVERAL times for WHO KNOWS WHAT!

I came to help you with your primary lesson.

I invited you over week after week and cooked for you.

I helped you decorate.

I picked you up and drove you... AND your kids.... EVERYWHERE we went together.

And through it all, you always acted like my "things" weren't good enough for you and your Family.

If I offered your children... your VERY SPOILED Children at that...a bottle of juice, it was ALWAYS turned down. Snacks, the same.

And THEN, YOU have the NERVE to accuse ME of not being a "True Friend." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?

I invited you over, and over, and over, and over, AND OVER to things. And you LIED TO ME. Over, and over, and over! I even invited you to an ALL paid for movie with snacks. And offered to come pick you up. And you LIED TO ME about why you didn't want to.

And THEN you got offended over things you read of mine...INSISTING I was slandering you. And attacking ME, when the things you read had NOTHING to do with you.

BUT by getting offended and taking them personally, maybe they fit you, and I just didn't know it.

SO. If actions speak louder than words... Well, where YOU are concerned, BOTH your actions AND your words have been pretty disrespectful towards ME and MY FAMILY. And have shown how LOUSY of a Friend, and quite frankly, a pretty crappy person you are.

I however, think I have proven that I WAS a true Friend to you.

And the icing on the cake, that I will NEVER forget is the time you looked at me at the mall, and said " You owe me $! Do you want to buy that for me?" And All there was for me to do, was look at you and say "Um,no! I don't owe you $" Because I made sure to never be in arrears with you!

No comments:

Followers