Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, December 16, 2012

No Success can Compensate for Failure in the Home

My Cousin posted a status about how semi automatic weapons should not be allowed in the general public's hands.

I agree.

My Aunt commented "Did you see what happened in China, yesterday, as well? They have banned guns but are now using knives and box cutters. We need to get back to serving and caring for our neighbors. Home teaching and visiting teaching, in my opinion, is a beginning and can do much to help families who are in need."

And I say "Too much responsibility has been taken from the Family."

Society is expected to carry the slack for what the family fails to do. And society (yes, sometimes the family too) pays when the individual "breaks".

While visiting teaching, and caring for our neighbors is good advice, the care of the individual rests with the immediate and extended family. Not everyone in the world has visiting teachers, but most have some family.

Which brings me to the 2nd topic on my Blogging mind. Homeschooling, or Un Schooling as what Home Schooling with out a curriculum is now called, is what I have come to believe is the divinely inspired choice for Our Family.

And I believe that more and more people are going to turn to it. I don't believe in living in fear. But I do believe in being proactive about My Family's safety. And I also believe that in this changing for the worse world we live in currently, that keeping My Children home with me is the right choice.

My short comings as a parent need to be worked through. Not pawned off on society.

Society is so busy trying to compensate for and control the environment that Parents, Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles need to step us and be in charge of.

And it's just not Society, or the Governments job... or right!

If we as Parents, Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles fail in our God given right and responsibility to raise upstanding adults, then what can we expect?


No comments:

Followers