Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, December 17, 2012

Would I Give MY Life?

I was thinking about it in the tub last night... Death terrifies me. Not passing from this life to the next. The trauma of what would have to happen to my body in order to make me pass. How much pain it would take before my body would not be able to function on ANY level again. If it were as simple as passing painlessly in my sleep, it would not terrify me. I can make my peace with God.

Well, that's not 100% true. I AM terrified of leaving My Children unprotected.

So, if I was face to face with a terrorist and it was my life or innocent children that were not my own, would I sacrifice my life for theirs.

OF COURSE I would!!!

And I know that should be a no brainer from any half decent adult. But it was a moment of truth for me.

And I'm glad to know I would.

I'm glad I can be a person of honor when push comes to shove.

No comments:

Followers