Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, December 17, 2012

Post 667

I have to post just to change the #. Before this post, I have 666 posts. And that cannot stay.

SOOOOOOOOOO

I will be posting about GOD as I tip the scales ;-)

I read a post by Ginger about following instincts.

And I am grateful today for a Mother who taught me by example how to listen, and then without shame follow those instincts. Or Promptings.

And it became a part of who I am.

SO much so that it is 2nd nature for me.

And no matter HOW many people tell me I'm foolish. No matter WHO tells me I am wrong, I go with what I feel is the right answer. Not the popular answer. After all, God isn't telling them how I need to handle the situation... it doesn't apply to them. It's specific to ME!

And I am so very grateful for the promptings that have lead me to where I am.

Holly said once,"I hope your kids don't resent you for keeping them home rather than sending them to school." And at THAT moment, I KNEW that my choice to NOT send them was not just MY thoughts. Because I new at that moment that if I DID send them, I was going against my very core instincts. And I KNOW I would regret going against my CORE instincts!!!!!

No comments:

Followers