Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, March 2, 2009

9 Months

9 months can seem like a lifetime, and I find that to be highly interesting.

9 months ago, I had a 5, 3, and 19 month old. I was in the final stages of a divorce. I was planning a future that is night and day to the future on my agenda now.

9 months ago, I was 170 lbs. And losing.

9 months ago, I had more things on my plate in the Legal department, than I would ever care to remember.

9 months ago, I wasn't worried about a car, I didn't have one I was satisfied with... but I had a truck, so I didn't care.

9 months ago, having another Baby was a flicker of a thought. Something I expected.... some time, maybe in a couple of years.

9 months ago, I was brousing engagement rings. Wedding ring, shopping, and planning for a September wedding.

9 months ago, I was part of a Family. Not completely, but my foot was in the door. And I loved them very much. The thought of being there was something I was really looking forward to. And they had already shown me so much care and acceptance. I miss that Family... But I have MINE in one piece.

9 months ago, I couldn't even consider coexisting with My Girls Father. Living 2 blocks away from him was WAY too close.

9 months ago, I was a Dreamer.

Well, I'm still a Dreamer, but my dreams have a very similar, but very different purpose.My Girls are happier than I expected them to be 9 months ago. My Bishop commented that 9 months ago, he could have NEVER predicted this outcome. Non of us could have.But here it is. I am re-married , livng in the same place , VERY pregnant , and have 2 "new" cars.... but no truck . ( I have a van though, and that's the next best thing.... and prolly something I would have needed even WITH the truck. ) I don't even have to THINK "Legal System"....And I am certainly NOT 170 and losing anymore.

I have a LOT of love in my life. 9 months happier. 9 months closer to eternity. 9 months more peaceful. 9 months and a Different Person.

No comments:

Followers