Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, March 2, 2009

True Fear

I realized something driving home from Salt Lake at 8 pm last night: I never knew True Fear until I became a Mother. I worried, but what did I have to lose? How much was really on the line? (Temporally anyway) But now, I have 4 other Souls, People, Angels, pick a word on the line. I was not a HUGE risk taker, but I was gutsy, daring, etc. I drove crazy just because I could, and I was prolly certain that I was invincible. I mean what was the worst that could happen if I got in a car accident. Yes, I could be severely injured... maybe even killed. But I really didn't think about that much. Chances were we weren't going to be talking life or death. But NOW.....

I have never been so cautious, so willing to go the extra mile for an added measure of security.

No comments:

Followers