Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Conclusion

This is going to sound gutsy, I do not care. I have come to the conclusion that when God is pleased with a Person, they get second chances. And when he's not... they don't.It makes sense to me when I look at it from a Parental Perspective. When I am pleased with My Children, they get second chances. Not so much when I'm not.If you look into the History of it, it is actually tried and proven. Saul for one. Those like Job, who don't have things work out initially because they're being tested or for other reasons, (but have kept favor with God) always have it "made up" to them in the end. They just have to KEEP Favor with God. Pass the test ... if you will.I was looking at a specific situation tonight. Two people, both with regrets. One has graciously been given "back" everything she lost. The other is wallowing in the knowledge that those regrets are now permanently filed under Past and Regret. If he ever gets another chance to make up his two biggest... maybe three now... regrets, it will be VERY far down the road and he will have to learn A LOT first. And in the meantime, other people are getting to experience what life is like when you make the "Right" choice in that particular situation and don't let your pride intervene.

No comments:

Followers