Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Watched out for

I went through something sooo tramatic for me almost a year ago, that the ONLY way I made it through was Priesthood Blessings. It got to the point where David and I jokingly refered to them as my "Daily Vitamins." I literally needed them that frequently. David would even say "Are you ready for your Daily dose?"

It took a bit of time but I soon began to realize that I was and have been recieving blessings "In advance."

Some of you know that I was CERTAIN I was pregnant 4 months before I became pregnant. And that is part of the reason. This Baby and I were sooo connected through the blessings and other things of a spiritual nature that were taking place, that I was SURE I was already pregnant.

Anyway, the past couple of blessings I have had have initially frustrated me. I've foolishly come away from them thinking that I had wanted something so specific, and yet what I got had nothing or very little to do with what I "felt" I needed. However, within days, or even hours, I would come upon a situation where I would KNOW that I had already had it covered in the most recent blessing.

I feel so foolish, and yet so very blessed to know that I am not the one directing my path. If only I didn't forget it so often. :-)

No comments:

Followers